Sunday, October 9, 2011

Look back...

This week for the discussion board we had a little different discussion board response. We were asked to go in and revise or edit one of our blogs and one of our discussion board responses.

There is never an end for writing, stories can and will go on forever.

Last year in creating writing we had a notebook where we could write whatever we wanted to in it. Yeah we had some assignments that’s what was mostly in my notebook.  Some of the writing pieces I wrote were pretty good. I had a good time writing most of the assignments. I think that class is the class that helped me the most with quick writing responses. My teacher would give us a topic or a type of writing and we got to be creative and write what we wanted. It was a great way to start out writing.

I have always loved writing. When I was about 10 years old I would sit down and make up songs. Some of them were silly some of them I still look back on and say “ wow did I really write that?” I got my little friends hooked on writing songs. I think one of the funniest songs me and my friend ever wrote was called My Teddy Bear. I swear it was funny and we were little. In elementary school I remember sitting at the lunch table with a note book writing songs.

One time when I was writing a song at lunch my friend asked me what I was doing. I told her and she started writing songs too. You can be an inspiration to anyone! I try my best to make my writing good the first time around, but it never works out that way.

Writing is a continual process of editing and revising. Have you ever had to an assignment (like this) and didn’t know what to write about? Well take out one of those old note books of yours that has some writing in it and revise. Or even rewrite one of your prior blog posts. There is so much you can do when you don’t know what to write.

When you don’t know what to write you can make it be something a little crazy but something you have already wrote. Like an email from you to a friend. You could talk the first line on the fourth page of a book and write a short story from that sentence. There are a ton of things… Um you could even go through a scrapbook of some sort and find the fourteenth picture and try to explain what it looks like to a blind person. You could find the average favorite song from your friends and try to explain that song to a deaf person. There is just so much! So put your thinking caps back on and go write some things down. Even better look back and revise every piece of writing you have and then write new pieces of writing. Have fun and be yourself when you write it will make your writing a little more unique. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment