Friday, November 18, 2011

Music

Ok how about I just start out by saying I am running out of things and ideas to write about.  Every time I have to write on my blog I blow it off till the last second.  I know I should just do it as soon as possible, but when you don’t have a topic to write about, I don’t want to do it. It makes me think harder… and that makes my brain hurt. I’ve tried to think of a topic for a little bit less than a week, and today one just came to me. That’s usually how it works right? Ha well I was thinking does music influence your writing? That is going to be what my topic for the day is going to be.
Music, does it have an effect on your writing? Does it influence what you write? Does it give you ideas on what to write about? These are all really good questions. I believe music does have an effect on your writing, and does influence what you write. Last year in eighth grade my creative writing teacher would assign us a topic for us to write on and then she would turn on some music. She turned it on because she thought that it would give us ideas and influence us while we wrote. There were times in her class that a sad song would come on. Then I wanted to write about something sad. A while ago my mom was reading Stephanie Meyer’s blog; she listed all the songs she listened to while she wrote the twilight series. I believe that her listening to certain songs brought certain scenes to her book. Those songs made a great influence on the book, because a lot of people love that series. Just last night Breaking Dawn part one came out, I know that books and movies are different, but I’m sure Stephanie chose some of the songs to have in the movie. Music influences a lot of people I know it puts a story into my head each time I listen to a new song. Sometimes I even wonder what gave them the impression to write that in their song. Every song has a different meaning to a different person; I wish I could ask an artist what their song means to them. Music must influence people; it also makes a difference on someone’s attitude and thoughts. If you were to be listening to Red Jumpsuit Apparatus’ Face down you may feel the pain and sorrow of the girl they are talking about throughout their song. When you listen to Adele’s song Someone Like You do you feel sad? I know I do, it’s just the types of music out there. There are some songs that may make you want to go and hurt something.  It all depends on what you listen to; I love music. It is pretty much my life! When I feel sad I go and listen to sad music and that helps me know that people go through the same things I do. Music helps me get through life. Of course when I’m happy I listen to happy music, and that just makes me happier! It’s great how music can influence you and even help you through life. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment