Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book Review


                Something can be perfect one second and then a disaster the next. This is what happened to Ethan the main character in When Hearts Meet by Anita Stansfield. This book is amazing and helps you realize things may be bad, but you control your attitude to how things happen. This book has a great message. It has helped me in many ways. I just love inspirational books that help me in a lot of ways.

                This book helped me so much!! Between it inspiring me to be better to have a good attitude, and showing that when something bad happens it helps you out in the end. Even though you may be going through something hard it can help you, but having a good attitude always helps. Ethan went through hard times, but when he finally decided to pick himself off the ground and continue with life some really amazing blessings came to him. By reading this book it helped me realize that when I go through a hard time all I have to do is pick myself up and get back to what I want to do with life. If I’m having a hard time all I have to do is tell myself to keep going and have a positive attitude and good things will come if I wait. This book was one of the reasons why I wanted to change how I was treating others. By following through with my goal I have struggled, but also gained some amazing memories and experiences I wouldn’t have been able to find if I did not go through my struggles. This book has helped me be grateful for things other people would just complain about having… So I am glad I read this book that has an amazing message.

                When Hearts Meet is a unique book because of the great message it shares and tells the story of how a man named Ethan faced his trials. Ethan faced his trials through service, his attitude, and just by not giving up on life when others could have seen him fall deep down into a ditch. Before Ethan met the Brandt family he had spent ten years drinking to forget the loss of his wife. After Ethan feels prompted to go back to his old house, which he lost because of his lack of payment, he starts to become more and more religious, he finds a new job, he works hard, and eventually starts his life over.  This is a great message that anyone should learn! You may have fallen down into a ditch, but you have the power to bring yourself out of that ditch and turn your life around! I absolutely love this message, and I would recommend this book to anyone who is having a hard time with life, or is religious! This is such a great book with such a great power.

                You have the power, and you can be the inspiration to someone else.  If you bring yourself out of the ditch you may inspire others to come out of that ditch too. So even though times get hard and you may want to just give up, don’t keep going and eventually things will work out. “Ethan chuckled and resisted the urge to pinch himself. This day was just turning out too good to be true. He enjoyed every minute of listening to Dr. Brandt read from the Book of Mormon…” (page 10) Ethan couldn’t believe everything that had happened just awhile after he decided to turn his life around. Reading Ethan’s story it helped me know that there is always going to be a better life. It gave me hope.

                This book is such an amazing book. It has a wonderful message that I plan to carry with me throughout the rest of my life. I would recommend this to anyone with religious beliefs or someone going through a hard. Someone that may feel as if they could never get themselves out of the mess they are in. You should know that there is always a way out even if it is hard you can get yourself out of the mess. Life may be hard, but we can get through this!!! I absolutely love this story and would love to recommend this to a lot of people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment