Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Most recent play review


The Drowsy Chaperone

This play was one of those interesting plays I’ve gone and saw when I and my family go to the Center Point Theater in Centerville. If anyone had the chaperone like the one in the play I think some people would be asking for it. If you are having a chaperone make sure they are a responsible adult before you have them come to chaperone. The play was funny, but sometimes crude or offensive. The choreographer made the dances fit in well. I just always love to go with my family to the plays every other month or so. The play was very interesting and I think you should know that a good chaperone is the best place to go.

                Okay first off anyone who would get a chaperone that is wasted on alcohol is out of their mind or just as drunk as they are. Every time I go to a play or a movie I tend to apply it to my life. Now I know that I should know the chaperone’s I have come to chaperone any activity I am planning to have. If a chaperone came and was not capable of being a chaperone I think that I would ask them to leave and either go with one less chaperone or try to find another one at last minute. Anyways that is how I applied it to my life, but I know that if this chaperone wasn’t “drowsy” then there would be no story or play behind any of this.

                 The Drowsy Chaperone was funny because of how the Chaperone was acting, but some of the stuff in the play was a little crude or offensive. At the start the narrator made a comment about how the word gay didn’t mean the same thing back in the days. He said something that went to the extent of him saying that he knew that there were some gay people out there. This wouldn’t have bugged me except for the fact that there was a gay couple in the audience. That could have hurt their feelings, and after I thought about it for awhile us as people didn’t have to make the word gay mean what it does now, but it is and it is not appropriate.  

                Another thing that wasn’t appropriate was just one scene with dancing and singing. It was fine until I noticed what that scene was about. Let’s just say that it wasn’t okay for kids to see or hear. I think just that scene was pg-13 and there were little kids in there so that offended me especially because I did not want to have to picture or think about what they were talking about. I especially don’t think that any little kids should have saw how they were dancing. That was the only bad scene though and I guess you see that kind of dancing on the television all the time now a day, but I don’t watch t.v.  Besides that part of the scene and that dancing the choreography was really good!

                The choreography was fun. It followed the scenes and story line very well. I actually thought the dancing and singing put on quite a good show and I am super excited for this Saturday, because I get to go see another play hopefully it will be just as good as the ones before this one.

                I hope that the choreography and the parts and everything just fall in place for the next show I see. I am pretty excited about it. I hope there won’t be any crude humor, dancing, or anything that would offend anyone because The Drowsy Chaperone was a really good play and so well put together, but it offended me in some parts…  The play had good choreography. It was interesting, and you should get a chaperone that is always sober and responsible.  This play was funny and I would like to see it with another cast and maybe some slight changes to the script. But besides that this play was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment