Thursday, May 10, 2012

To start off the song reviews!


Blame It On The Rain- He Is We

I absolutely love He Is We!!! I totally relate to this song too. I understand exactly how they feel. It’s like have you ever liked somebody and they were already dating somebody else well yeah that is what this song is about. “Does she look at you the way I do? Try to understand the words you say and the way you move. Does she get the same big rush when you go in for a hug and your cheeks brush? Tell me am I crazy or is this more than a crush?” You may think that is just a crush at first, but then you start to realize that you always want to be with this certain someone. I always feel this way. Yeah I guess I shouldn’t even care because I’m so young, but this song explains exactly how I feel. Especially for some people I have had crush on for a very long time!

I Am His Daughter- Nicole Sheahan

This song is totally spiritual, but I honestly don’t care! It helps me SO much! “There’s so much more to me. He helps me see that I have so much to offer. I am his daughter. He loves me the way I am, He’s my strength when I stand. He is my King, and my Father, I am his daughter.” This song helps me so much. It inspires me to be different than the rest of the world. The song states that I actually am His daughter. My beliefs and religion absolutely believe this too, it is just so inspirational and motivating to know that I believe that this is true. I know I am His daughter and this song testifies of it.

Skyscraper- Demi Lovato

You can take everything I have. You can break everything I am. Like I’m of glass like I’m made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper!Another inspirational song right here, I can conquer anything as long as I put my mind to it and don’t others bother me! It is all about the way I act. Others can’t tear me down if I don’t let them. I make the decision to let them tear me down. I need to remember this song whenever I feel the need to just let others tear me down. I absolutely love the story to this song.

Collide- Howie Day

Even though this is kind of a love song it still has a line that has always stuck with me. Even the best fall down sometimes This is so true! Nobody is perfect. Lately I and one of my close friends have either been in the situation where people are judging us or others are judging everyone around them because of what they look like, what they say, or what they do. It is not okay and we are sick of it! You have some problems that others may not like about you, so why don’t you just keep your gossip to yourself or at least limit it to you and just another friend not the entire school. It is not cool, but this song helps me realize that we all have our own problems and we all fall down no matter how amazing we are it happens.

Dare You to Move- Switchfoot

“I dare you to move.  I dare you to move. I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor. I dare you to move. I dare you to move. Like today never happened. Today never happened, today never happened. Today never happened before.” No matter what happens pick yourself up and move on. Show everyone else that you are stronger than what they think you are. I know recently I have had to move on and show others that is okay to do things on your own. It was hard at the start, but when I finally picked myself up and moved on with the guy drama that was going on in my life I couldn’t just stop there. I eventually got rid of friend drama. I am doing better in school now that I have moved on and this song is such a great way to remind me that it all started with me. I was the one that made the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment